HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
- Through paper forms you have completed
- Via our website contact forms
- Through emails and text or social media messages you send to us, or that we send to you
- During our conversations with you, whether in person or on the phone
- Through your use of community forums in which we participate
- Through personal referral of you to us from your contacts
WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
We collect all or some of the following personal data:
- ‘Sensitive’ personal data. Due to the nature of Turkish villa rentals we are required by law to hold your full passport details for this in the same way a hotel is required to do so.
- We also require your full address and contact details as requested on our terms & conditions
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- To reply to and deal with any questions, suggestions, issues, complaints or disputes you or our clients have contacted us about.
- To respond to any social media posts or other public comments you might make, whether they are directly to us or about us, our websites, services or other activities
- To protect you and our business from any potentially criminal behaviour, including fraud
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We do not share your personal data with any other third party except for villa owners/managers or Jandarma (Turkish police who check identities of villa guests) for the sole purpose of identity checks. They are not permitted to contact you for any reason other than identity checks.
- In the UK – The police, local authorities, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), the courts and any other government authority if they ask us to do so (but only if it is lawful)
SOCIAL MEDIA, BLOGS AND REVIEWS
Any social media posts or comments you send to us (on our Facebook page, for instance) will be shared under the terms of the relevant social media platform (e.g. Facebook or Twitter) on which they’re written and could be made public. Other people, not us, control these platforms. We’re not responsible for this kind of sharing. So before you make any such remarks or observations, you should review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the social media platforms you use. That way you’ll understand how they will use your information, what information relating to you they will place in the public domain and how you can stop them from doing so if you’re unhappy about it.
It’s worth remembering too that any blog, review, or other posts or comments you make about us, our products and services on any of our blogs, reviews or user community services will be shared with all other members of that service and the public at large.
You should take extra care to ensure that any comments you make on these services are not offensive, insulting or defamatory. Ultimately, you are responsible for ensuring that any comments you make comply with any relevant policy on acceptable use of those services.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
If you register through our database we will keep the personal data you share until you tell us not to.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS
You have various rights about the processing of your personal data
- The right of access. You have the right to access your data and any supplementary information. You can request details of the personal data we have about you by submitting a subject access request in writing to email@example.com
- The right to rectification. If you think that any data we hold about you is incorrect you can request either verbally or in writing for it to be rectified
- The right to be forgotten. You have the right to have your personal data erased if the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose which it was originally collected or processed for. If you originally gave consent for your data to be held you can withdraw consent. We reserve the right not to comply with any enquiries or requests we receive about the information we collect, where we may lawfully do so
- The right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data
- The right to restrict processing. You can request the restriction or suppression of your personal data under certain circumstances.
More information on your data protection rights can be found on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
If you have any worries or complaints about the way we use your information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We’ll do our very best to set your mind at rest or if anything is wrong to put things right. And if, for whatever reason, you feel we’re not meeting the exceptionally high standards we expect of ourselves, you’re within your rights to tell the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
USING OUR WEBSITE
Every user who visits our site does so at their own risk. We offer no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the information on our site and assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of the site. Please note availability of villas should always be checked by request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44781257532.
Additionally, we cannot be held responsible for the presence or absence of computer viruses or other bugs which third parties may embed in or attach to this Site without our knowledge or consent. No parties, including Julia Sondack or Holiday Homes Turkey or any other involved in the creation, production or delivery of this site, or whose materials or information appear in this site assumes or accepts any liability for any costs, losses, damages arising out of the user’s access to our site or with the unavailability or failure of performance of this site for any reason.